Camping Domaine de Chalain
About Domaine de Chalain
Having bobbed about on your lilo on the lake, enjoy a spot of sunbathing on the beach at camping Domaine de Chalain in Doucier, France. In front of you lies the shimmering turquoise lake, and next to you stands the old castle tower. That sums up your holiday at Domaine de Chalain. This camping with swimming pool lies in the heart of densely forested Jura, on the site of a former castle, and has many walking routes in the immediate vicinity. There is direct access from the camping to Lac de Chalain, and Switzerland lies just a stone's throw away. Discover the imposing mountains, lakes and forests, or enjoy the heated indoor swimming pool with whirlpool!
Indoor and outdoor swimming pools and crystal-clear lake at your disposal.
Camping Domaine de Chalain close to Chalain lake has a fantastic pool complex with grassy sunbathing areas. Here you will find slides, a fabulous waterfall, whirlpools and a children's pool with a mini slide and water equipment. On cooler days, head to the indoor heated pool. Unwind in the sauna and steam room. A stay at the camping entitles you to 2 free entry passes a day to the outdoor and indoor pools.
Or, enjoy a swim in the crystal clear waters of the lake with a beach, and enjoy the sun. We recommend bringing aqua shoes along as the beach is pebbly. You can also hire a pedal boat or canoe on the lake.
For sports enthusiasts and food lovers
This camping by the Lac de Chalain has a snack bar where you can get a take-away. Would you prefer to cook your own meal, or to taste these delicious dishes at home? If so, pop into the shop that sells local, artisan produce.
Sports enthusiasts will love it at this camping. There are tennis courts, sports pitches and table tennis tables, and there is miniature golf to enjoy with the whole family too. The entertainment team organises all sorts of activities. From aqua gym in the morning, to a range of evening shows and karaoke events. Regular sports tournaments are put on too. And, that's not forgetting the petting zoo, playground and mini club.
The Jura area around Lac de Chalain and the camping.
The area surrounding camping Domaine de Chalain in Doucier calls out to be explored. One hot tip: hire a mountain bike at the camping to explore the mountains and dense forests of Jura. Be sure to also visit the Hérisson waterfalls, just fifteen minutes from the camping. Whilst staying at this camping in Jura you can also pop into Switzerland. Enjoy a day trip to beautiful Geneva. Whilst there stroll along its narrow streets by the Place du Bourg du Four, or soak up the delights of one of the many beautiful parks dotted around the city.
Are you looking for a camping in Jura with a swimming pool? Or a small lakeside camping? Domaine de Chalain offers it all. Book your comfortable mobile home in Jura online now!
About the campsite
- Suitable for: Babies and toddlers, Children (5-11 years), Teenagers (12+)
- Beach: sand, grass, pebble, direct access to the beach
- Distance from Calais: 670 km
- Campsite size: 700 pitches
- Nearest town: Doucier, 3km
- Pets: Allowed in tent
- Wifi: available in some areas of the campsite (fee charged)
- Nearest airport: Genève 88km
- Additional tent: not allowed
At Roan on this campsite
- Barbecue: charcoal
- Roan-children's bikes (0-6 year): yes
- Roan couriers: yes
- Select your own pitch on the campsite!
- Twice a day free entrance to the outdoor pool or indoor pool
- Swimming hats not required
- Indoor swimming pool 5/1/20 - 9/21/20
- One or more slides at swimmingpool(s)
- Children's pool 6/1/20 - 9/21/20
- Grass area
- Shorts not allowed
- Heated indoor pool
- Water playground 6/1/20 - 9/21/20
- Swimming pool 6/1/20 - 9/21/20
- In low season the indoor pool is closed Monday to Friday morning because of swimming lessons
- Direct access to the lake
- Pebbly beach
- Strand: Sand
- Disco not far from the campsite
- Cash point
- Internet point
- Animal farm
- WiFi: available in some areas of the campsite (fee charged)
- Children's play area
- Roan Preffered pitch
- Bike hire
- Mini golf
- Sports field
- Table tennis
- Animatie 5/1/20 - 9/21/20
- Day and evening entertainment
- Children's club
- The entertainment programme is usually limited during the low season
Food and drinks
- Snack bar
- Well stocked supermarket