Camping Village Lago Maggiore
About Village Lago Maggiore
Located directly on Lake Maggiore, you will find camping Village Lago Maggiore. The campsite lies to the south-western side of the Italian district, near the famous city of Arona. The southern side is flatter than the northern side and provides a great base for excursions such as a shopping trip to Milan. Camping Village Lago Maggiore is a cosy campsite with all the facilities you will need to enjoy your holiday.
Fancy a dip in the pool or in the lake's crystal clear water?
At Village Lago Maggiore, you will find a lovely pool with a slide and a separate children's pool. There is also a whirlpool bath to relax in. Around the pool area, there are wide grassy areas where you can laze around and enjoy the sun. Camping Lago Maggiore is on the banks of the lake. There are sandy beaches where your children can play to their heart's content; the beach falls away gently and the water is incredibly clear. And you can sit back and enjoy the stunning view; the whole lake is surrounded by hills and mountains!
Plenty of fun for young and old
The entertainment team is very professional and organises a range of activities in high season. There is a large play area with equipment for the kids too. The campsite also offers showers and bathrooms designed for children.
And they've not forgotten the older children. At Village Lago Maggiore, there are facilities for table tennis, tennis, football, volleyball, boules and billiards. Finish your day with a swing, at the well-known dance evenings.
Genuine Italian atmosphere
The regions is clearly very Italian, but camping Lago Maggiore adds to the typical Italian atmosphere. In the campsite restaurant, you can choose a range of Italian meals, or you could nip to the pizzeria for a pizza. During the day, you can buy day-to-day items from the bakery or the (small) supermarket.
Discover Italy around Lake Maggiore
There is plenty to do in the vicinity of Lake Maggiore and the campsite, including shopping centres, bowling alleys, cinemas, restaurants and discos. Lake Maggiore is a popular holiday destination. But of course it is! It is a stunning area with a view over white mountain tops, beautiful castles, villages and cities that can be reached easily. How about welcoming Arona, trendy Stresa or the famous Borromeo islands? Floral island Isola Bella, for example, is really worth a visit, with its Baroque palace and the extravagant gardens. And you can take the Lago Maggiore Express over to the island and the rest of the lake.
If you're discovering Lake Maggiore from the campsite with children, think about taking the cable-car to Mottarone. From the 1,491 m high mountain, you will have a stunning view out over Lake Maggiore. The breathtaking paths, which are also suitable for children, will take you to Stresa and its beautiful centre. And don't forget to add a day-trip to Milan, with its shops and beautiful architecture, to your to-do list!
Fancy a holiday at this campsite on the banks of Lake Maggiore? You can easily book Roan accommodation online.
About the campsite
- Beach: Grass, sand, direct access to the beach
- Suitable for: Babies and toddlers, Children (5-11 years)
- Distance from Calais: 1109 km
- Campsite size: 360 pitches
- Nearest town: Arona, 3km
- Pets: Allowed on the camping, but not in our accommodation
- Wifi: available in many areas of the campsite (fee charged)
- Nearest airport: Milaan Malpensa 22km, Milaan Linate 84km, Milaan Bergamo 111km
- Additional tent: not allowed
At Roan on this campsite
- Barbecue: charcoal
- Roan-children's bikes (0-6 year): yes
- Roan couriers: yes
- Swimming hats required
- Slide(s) in children´s pool
- Children's pool
- Sun loungers at swimming pool (fee charged)
- Grass area
- Shorts allowed
- Swimming pool 5/8/21 - 9/12/21
- Freshwater swimming pool(s)
- Swimming pools are not heated
- Boat ramp
- Direct access to the lake
- Grass beach
- Beach: Sand
- Sun loungers at beach (fee charged)
- Pedalo hire
- Rental of supboards
- Disco not far from the campsite
- Cash point
- Safety deposit box hire
- Games room
- TV room
- WiFi: available in many areas of the campsite (fee charged)
- Children's play area
- Charging station electric car
- Bike hire
- Jeu de Boules
- Table tennis
- Day and evening entertainment 6/1/21 - 9/12/21
- Children's club 6/1/21 - 8/31/21
- Children's disco
- The entertainment programme is usually limited during the low season
Food and drinks
- Well stocked supermarket
Communal toilet and shower facilities
- Disabled bathrooms
- Disabled toilets
- Children's sanitary facilities
- Drying facilities
- Washing machines