Campings Charente Maritime
Charente Maritime is a department in southwestern France making it easy to reach the Atlantic coast. The environment of Charente Maritime is diverse because of its wide variety of wonders and attractions. You can enjoy breathtaking nature, historical attractions/cities and a wide range of sandy beaches near the coastal area. For sporty vacationers, Charente Maritime is ideal to visit because of its many cycling routes through the beautiful countryside and water sports activities near the coastal area.
2 campings found in Charente Maritime
France - Central France - Charente Maritime - La Tremblade
- Wooded campsite with an oasis of tranquility
- Beautiful lagoon pool and long water slide
- Located at 3 kilometers, the sandy beach is perfect for surfing and sailing
Our campsites in the Charente Maritime
We offer 2 top campsites in Charente Maritime namely La Clairière and La Pinède. The campsites have beautiful pool(s) with spectacular water slides to make the water fun complete. Some campsites are also within pleasant distance of the beaches on the west coast of France. With sports activities and facilities, there are plenty of opportunities at the campsites for young and old to enjoy yourself during a family vacation in Charente Maritime.
Sightseeing in the Charente Maritime
Charente Maritime has beautiful landscapes with many sights and bustling villages/cities. A camping vacation in Charente Maritime is guaranteed to be an experience because of its beauty and the combination possibilities in the area to plan a day trip efficiently. An overview of attractions worth visiting in Charente Maritime:
- Have you always been interested in the development of mankind? Near the campsites, you can visit the Saint-Césaire prehistoric park, which gives visitors an impressive idea of the history of mankind. You can study reconstructions of settlements and materials invented and used in prehistory.
- Rochefort is a historic city with opportunities to view various collection of ships and maritime artifacts. These collections can be found in a few museums in the town of Rochefort.
- The port city of La Rochelle is a must-see during a camping vacation in Charente Maritime. You can spend a full day in La Rochelle due to a wide range of historical sites to visit. Take a look at the old port where you can study beautiful boats. The medieval towers La Tour de la Lanterne and La Tour de la Chaîne are also worth a visit during a day trip to La Rochelle.
- Have you seen the pool at the campsites after a few days? Then the tropical swimming paradise Les Antilles de Jonzac is a good alternative. Here you can find all water facilities such as water slides, spa facilities, aqua activities and fitness activities.
- Need a quiet and undisturbed day away from the campsite? Then visit the Marais Poitevin nature reserve. This area allows for boat and hiking tours right through the green natural park. This regional natural park is also called the Green Venice by the French.
- You can spoil the children during a camping vacation in Charente Maritime with a visit to the Zoo de La Palmyre. This is a popular zoo with a wide variety of animal species and the habitats look lively and well cared for.
- Charente Maritime also has beautiful coastal forts. Fort Louvois is a unique fortress on a separate island in the Charente Maritime region. The shape and drawbridge of the fort attract the most attention of tourists. Fort louvois can be reached by walking when the water is low tide.
- Fort Boyard is a unique fort located on a small island along the coast at Charente Maritime. This fort on the island can only be viewed via a boat trip along the coast.
Climate in Charente Maritime
Charente Maritime has a temperate maritime climate, also called a temperate maritime climate. In the summer months it gets a maximum of 27 degrees Celsius with peaks above 30 degrees Celsius. The chance of precipitation is relatively small compared to the winter period. The winter period is fairly mild with an average temperature of 11 degrees celcius and more chance of precipitation than in the summer period.
Travel in Charente Maritime
The infrastructure and public transportation is fine in Charente Maritime. If you do not have a car, there are plenty of bus and train lines for easy travel to various cities and attractions in Charente Maritime. Also, there are plenty of car rental companies in major cities and the airport.
Cuisine in Charente Maritime
French cuisine in Charente Maritime has delicious dishes that you will often encounter in restaurants scattered throughout the region. The following dishes are worth experiencing the taste sensation of the dish: Moules Marinières (Mussel dish), Pineau des Charentes (grape drink), Pot-au-Feu Charentais (traditional stew, Farci Poitevin (vegetable dish and seafood dishes.
Important information and helpful tips
Are you looking for useful tips and information for your camping vacation in Charente Maritime? On our France page you will find all kinds of useful information and tips under the heading 'more information'.