Camping El Garrofer
About El Garrofer
Camping El Garrofer in Sitges, north-eastern Spain, is ideal for families with small children. The camping is located in the heart of the National Park ‘Parc del Garraf’, with its rugged, hilly Karst landscape which is peppered with ravines and caves. Plenty of shade is supplied by the pine trees growing around the camping. You will find all the facilities you need, such as a pool, store and restaurant La Sinia, right next to the entrance. The sandy/pebbly beach on the Mediterranean is just 900 metres away. And if that's not enough, you can take the bus from the site to visit the global city of Barcelona. It's the perfect combination of beach, nature, activities and culture!
Swimming at Camping El Garrofer in Sitges
Many hours will be spent at the swimming pool with separate kids' pool, both with salt water. There's plenty of space around the pool for children to play and parents to sunbathe on the lawn or a lounger. The pool is surrounded by trees so you can cool down in the shade if the sun gets too hot. For a cold drink or a snack, there's a bar next to the pool.
Camping El Garrofer is just 900 m from the beach at Sitges, which is also definitely worth a visit! It'll only take you 15 minutes on foot. Sitges has a 4-kilometre long coastline with fine sand and is made up of 17 difference beaches, divided over 3 areas: Playas Zona Centro, Playas Zona Levante and Playas Zona Poniente. Zona Centro comprises 12 beaches and is closest to the centre. Here, you will also find water slides and showers. The Zona Levante and Zona Poniente areas offer beaches in bays. You'll need a car to access these. Platja Anquines and Cap de Grills are certainly worth a visit!
Amenities at El Garrofer
In the evening, at this camping in Sitges, you can enjoy a meal in the restaurant, 'La Sinia'. In high season great entertainment is provided for the children, and there's regular live music in the evenings. Small children can also play in the mini-club, on trampolines or the on bouncy castle; the older kids can enter football and table tennis tournaments. Adults can stay fit with an aqua-gym session. There is a supermarket with a limited range of goods and a souvenir shop on camping El Garrofer.
Around Sitges and the camping
From camping El Garrofer, you can walk to the centre of Sitges in Spain, where there is plenty to do and see. This welcoming spa town offers an historic town centre, castles from the Middle Ages and stunning gardens. And why not visit the Bacardi museum? Facundo Bacardi, the founder of the famous brand, was born in Sitges. Do you like Bacardi? Then make sure you visit Casa Bacardi!
Barcelona is only 45 minutes away by car. But you can leave your car at home if you want to visit this beautiful cosmopolitan city, as there is a bus service from the camping to Barcelona. Then you can tick Sagrada Família, Casa Milà, La Rambla and Park Güell off your must-see list!
Tip: hire a bike on the camping and discover the stunning natural environment nearby, including the 12,000 hectare El Garraf nature reserve. And why not take the kids to the Port Aventura theme park or the Aqualeon safari and water park.
Want to find out more about Sitges in Spain and camping El Garrafor? Book our accommodation on this site!
About the campsite
- Suitable for: Babies and toddlers, Children (5-11 years), Teenagers (12+)
- Beach: sand, 1800 m
- Distance from Calais: 1360 km
- Campsite size: 526 pitches
- Nearest town: Sitges, 2,5 km
- Pets: Partly allowed, but not in our accommodation
- Wifi: available everywhere on the campsite (free of charge)
- Nearest airport:
- Additional tent: not allowed
At Roan on this campsite
- Barbecue: charcoal
- Roan-children's bikes (0-6 year): yes
- Roan couriers: In 2020 there will be no Roan couriers, but in 2021 they will be ready for you again!
- Swimming hats not required
- Children's pool
- Sun loungers at swimming pool
- Shorts allowed
- Swimming pool 6/1/20 - 9/30/20
- Saltwater swimming pool(s)
- Inflatable water park at sea (extra costs)
- Beach: Sand
- Sun loungers at beach (fee charged)
- Banana boat
- Disco not far from the campsite
- Cash point
- WiFi: available everywhere on the campsite (free of charge)
- Children's play area
- New camping in 2020
- New in Spain 2020
- Introduction discount
- Bike hire
- Multi sports terrain
- Paddle tennis
- Bouncing castle
- Table tennis
- Day and evening entertainment 6/15/20 - 9/13/20
- Children's club
- The entertainment programme is usually limited during the low season
Food and drinks
- Takeaway 12/12/19 - 12/12/19
- Restaurant 12/12/19 - 12/12/19
- Souvenir shop
- Limited supermarket 12/12/19 - 12/12/19
Communal toilet and shower facilities
- Disabled bathrooms
- Disabled toilets
- Children's sanitary facilities
- Drying facilities
- Washing machines