Camping Le Capanne
About Le Capanne
Looking at the pictures of camping Le Capanne , you can't help but feel like a holiday in Tuscany! Le Capanne is a flat camping, where olive trees, pine trees and eucalyptus trees provide lovely shade for your lodge tent or mobile home. After all, the sun is always shinning in this region. The area is unimaginably rich in cultural sights, but you won't get bored on the camping either. Have you ever been on holiday somewhere where the children can spend a night in an Indian village, where you'll find Pinoccio's house and where children can get their own passport? Then you've probably never been to Le Capanne!
Sunbathing, swimming, surfing and snorkelling
The swimming pool at camping Le Capanne is at the edge of the camping and is surrounded by grass sunbathing areas. Kids can play in the shallow part and they will certainly love the slide and the waterfalls. For you, the jacuzzi, pool bar and sun terrace will offer a pleasant change of scenery. There are plans for a new swimming pool, it will be ready in 2023!
The golden beach is just a few kilometres from the camping. A free bus runs here during high season. The temperature of the sea at camping Le Capanne is warm early in the season and activities such as surfing and snorkelling take place here.
Discover camping Le Capanne and Tuscany
The camping itself has plenty to offer. As well as the great swimming pool, you will find tennis courts, a football pitch, volleyball field and a beautiful mini golf course. Every day the kids can join the mini club and entertainment team and in the evening they can go to the mini disco. At Le Capanne you can also work out, go to the playground or rent a bike. The Tuscany region is ideal for sporty cycling. Various cycling teams come here early in the season to get some cycling kilometres under their belt in the mild climate. camping Le Capanne in Bibbona is the ideal base for this.
Don't feel like cooking? Then spoil yourself in the camping fine restaurant or go for a take-away and finish off with an ice cream or a drink in the cosy bar.
Stay in Bibbona or taste more of Italy
Camping Le Capanne is located in Bibbona, Italy. This small seaside resort on the Tuscan coast has a beautiful historic centre, with a Renaissance cathedral, the old town hall and the Marina di Bibbona fortress. Very close to Le Capanne in Bibbona you will find the famous Bolgheri, known for its delicious Sassicaia wine and the Castello di Bolgheri. And even if you don't like wine, the road to it alone is worth it. The Viale dei Cipressi, a long avenue of cypress trees typical of Tuscany, is really picturesque. More than 2,000 cypress tress line this five-kilometre-long avenue!
A little further afield, but all within an hour's drive, are famous places like San Gimignano, Siena and Volterra. Volterra lies on top of a hill, surrounded by impressive cliffs and rolling green hills. Here you will find antiquities such as the Roman Theatre, the Cisterna Romana water cellar and the Acropoli Etrusca, the ancient Acropolis of the Etruscans. A day trip to Elba is also recommended when you are staying at camping Le Capanne in Tuscany. There is plenty to see and do on this Italian island!
Are you getting excited about visiting this part of Italy? Then book your holiday at Le Capanne in one of our excellent accomodation options!
Roan Guest Score
About the campsite
- Beach: sand (bus in high season), 4000 m
- Suitable for: Babies and toddlers, Children (5-11 years)
- Distance from Calais: 1406 km
- Campsite size: 375 pitches
- Nearest town: Cecina, 6km
- Pets: Allowed, in lodge tent Holiday
- Wifi: available in some areas of the campsite (some areas free of charge, others requiring payment)
- Nearest airport: Pisa 66km, Florence 118km
- Additional tent: not allowed
At Roan on this campsite
- Barbecue: gas
- Roan-children's bikes (0-6 year): Free for all children from 0 to 6 years
- Roan couriers: yes
- Select your own pitch on the campsite!
- Swimming hats required
- One or more slides at swimmingpool(s)
- Children's pool
- Sun loungers at swimming pool
- Shorts allowed
- Swimming pool 5/20/22 - 9/25/22
- Freshwater swimming pool(s)
- Swimming pools are not heated
- Beach: Sand
- Sun loungers at beach (fee charged)
- Disco not far from the campsite
- Cash point
- Games room
- Beach bus/train
- WiFi: available in some areas of the campsite (some areas free of charge, others requiring payment)
- Children's play area
- Roan Preffered pitch
- Charging station electric car
- Bike hire
- Mini golf
- Table tennis
- Day and evening entertainment 7/1/22 - 8/31/22
- Children's club
- Children's disco
- The entertainment programme is usually limited during the low season
Food and drinks
- Ice cream parlour
- Well stocked supermarket
Communal toilet and shower facilities
- Disabled bathrooms
- Disabled toilets
- Children's sanitary facilities
- Drying facilities
- Washing machines